My hubby and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary yesterday. We celebrated with a nice sushi lunch at our favorite place and ended the night with an amazing glass of wine that our neighbors brought us. I thought I would share with you 5 lessons I have learned about being a ranch wife.
- Always bring a snack. You never know how long something will take. Sometimes the simplest task end up becoming a huge project and I’m a lot nicer and in a better mood when I’m not hungry.
- The challenges that come in life really do make you stronger. This year has been full of challenges for us and each of them have brought us closer together and shown us who is for us and who is against us. They have also made the victories that much sweeter!
- Talking to the cows with words of encouragement when they are being good and not so nice words when they are being pest probably doesn’t help any and probably makes me seem crazy but I think it helps and I don’t mind being the crazy lady talking to cows.
- Most people will think that because you don’t have a 9-5 job your just hanging out eating bonbons all day twiddling your fingers. Defending yourself is pointless they will never understand that when you don’t have a 9-5 your job never ends and turns into a 24/7 job. Trying to explain just makes you frustrated and they still think you don’t do anything.
- It’s not possible to get everything you want to get done in a day done. You have to hustle hard throughout the day and and take care of the random things that come up through out the day and be able to call it quits for the day and put everything down and take a break when you need to.
I really love being a ranch wife. I played practice for alittle while before we made it offical but, still can’t believe it’s been two years. Somedays it seems like just yesterday I moved out here and other days it seem’s like it’s been so much longer.